Cinema in Morocco has a long history, stretching back over a century to the filming of Le chevrier Marocain ("The Moroccan Goatherd") by Louis Lumière in 1897. Between that time and 1944, many foreign movies were shot in the country, especially in the Ouarzazate area. In 1944, the Moroccan Cinematographic Center (CCM), the nation's film regulatory body, was established. Studios were also opened in Rabat. In 1958, Mohammed Ousfour would create the first Moroccan movie, Le fils maudit ("The Damned Son"). In 1968, the first Mediterranean Film Festival was held in Tangier. In its current incarnation, the event is held in Tetouan. In 2001, the first International Film Festival of Marrakech (FIFM) was also held in Marrakech.
FOTOPEDIA MAGAZINE | 05/24/13TEXT FROM WIKIPEDIA, cba SOME RIGHTS RESERVED.PHOTO BY Jacques Bravo, All rights reserved