Błękitny Wieżowiec (literally Blue Skyscraper) is a building located in Bank Square in Warsaw. It stands in the place that was occupied before World War II by Warsaw's largest synagogue, the Great Synagogue, which was blown up by the Germans in 1943. Initial concepts for the construction of the skyscraper had been put forward in the '50s, but construction finally began in the '70s and was suspended shortly after building the main structure. The unused construction was then often called the golden towers because of the color of the facade.
The work resumed in the late 1980s and was completed in 1991. The project has been modified by a Yugoslav Belgrade based company, replacing the copper-coloured facade with colorless reflective material, which gives a sky-blue reflection on a clear day (hence the current name). The skyscraper is 120 meters high and has 28 stories. Its most prominent tenant is the Polish branch of the automotive company Peugeot, announced by a large neon sign with the name of the company, mounted on the upper section. Previously, there was also a neon sign announcing the Sony company, which at that time hired office space in the Blue Skyscraper.