Cesano Maderno is a town and comune of c. 37,110 inhabitants in the province of Monza and Brianza, Lombardy, northern Italy. The town borders with the towns of Seveso in the North, in the South with Bovisio-Masciago, in the East with Desio and Seregno, and in the west with Ceriano Laghetto and Cogliate. It received the honorary title of city with a presidential decree on October 11, 1999.
It is served by Cesano Maderno railway station.
The name of the Town maybe comes from the name "Cisius",and the attribute of "Maternus" may indicates that the first settlement in Cesano was inherited only by females from mothers. In the Middle Ages the city was feud of the Convent of Orona,in Milan. The Cesanesi were never happy of the Nuns because a part of the harvest was given as tribute to the Convent, because they were subject to the Nuns and the Cesanesi thought that the land was their, so they believed that they hadn't to pay any tribute. The biggest revolt of the town happened in the 1228, when Domenico Dall'Acqua, Cesanesi's Chief, destroyed the walls and the towers of the small town, but the Cesanesi were defeated by Milan's militia and they were forced to recognize the Nuns' domination and to rebuild the walls and the towers. Il Torrazzo is one of the towers which weren't destroyed. In the 16th century the town was given as feud to Antonio Carcassola, which sold the feud to Bartolomeo Arese in the 1538. The town was led by the Borromeo-Arese family until Napoleon Bonaparte conquered Lombardy. Then,the town was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy in the 1861,and in the 1869 the comune of Binzago was united to the town. Now the Town has 6 "frazioni" and a centre, which is Cesano. The six "frazioni" are Villaggio Snia, Binzago, Cascina Gaeta, Cassina Savina and Molinello. In the last years the small zone of Sacra Famiglia, which is between Cesano and Binzago, grew very quickly, and now has a parish but it isn't a "frazione".