The Jama Masjid in Fatehpur Sikri is a mosque in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India, completed in 1571-5 by Sheikh Salim Chishti. Worship there is currently led by a Barelvi imam.
The rectangular mosque comprises a central nave with a single dome, two colonnaded halls on either side, with two square chambers crowned with domes. Carved mihrabs adorn the main chamber and the two smaller rooms.
The mosque marks the phase of transition in Islamic art, as indigenous architectural elements were blended with Persian elements. The pillared dalan of the facade, the liwan with three arched openings framed by panels and crowned by five chhatris and the central mihrab adorned with an inlaid mosaic of stones that are bordered by glazed tiles, and it has golden inscriptions on a royal blue background, a tribute to this fusion. The interiors of the iwan are adorned with watercolour paintings depicting stylized floral designs. The dado panels, spandrels of arch and soffits are painted profusely. Unlike other monuments, where domes are supported on squinches, here corbelled pendentives support the dome.