Valladolid (pronounced: [baʎaðoˈlið]) is a province of central/northwest Spain, in the central part of the autonomous community of Castile and León. It has a population of 534,874 people in a total of 225 municipalities, an area of 8,110 km² and a population density of 65.80 people per km².
The capital is the city of Valladolid. It is bordered by the provinces of Zamora, León, Palencia, Burgos, Segovia, Ávila, and Salamanca. It is, therefore, the only Spanish province surrounded only - and entirely - by others in their same autonomous community.
This province stands out as having one of the Human Development Index ((HDI) of 0.978 in 2012) highest in the world (6or place in Spain), outlining how the province with the best index of educational level of Spain. It is very famous both its gastronomy (Lechazo (Veal or lambs), Suckling pig, black pudding, sausage, breads, soups, vegetables ... ) as their wines with designations of origin, mainly the Ribera del Duero Denomination of Origin, the Rueda Denomination of Origin, the Cigales denomination of Origin and also the Toro Designation of Origin and the Tierra de León Denomination of Origin.
San Pablo is an Isabelline Gothic-Plateresque church in Valladolid, in western Spain, built by Cardinal Juan de Torquemada between 1445 and 1468. Kings Philip II and Philip IV of Spain were baptized in the church.
The church construction was commissioned by Cardinal Torquemada to replace a previous church, which had a timber ceiling and was annexed to a Dominican convent, founded in 1270. After Torquemada's death, bishop Alonso de Burgos funded the building of the cloister, refectory, and lower façade, as well as of the adjacent Colegio de San Gregorio with its funerary chapel. Artists who worked to the church in this period include the Spanish-Flemish Juan Guas and Simón de Colonia. Around 1550, Cardinal Juan Garcia Loaysa, confessor of Charles V, built the sacristy, covered with a dome decorated by stars, coat of arms of the order and figures of Dominican saints. The nave features rib vaults, supported by corbels in Renaissance style, added around 1540.